This study guide is designed for those who want to study the key doctrines of the Bible in an easy-to-use format. Book 1 includes studies on the origin and use of the Bible; the Father, Son and Holy Spirit; the creation of the earth, God’s plan for man; how sin began; understanding Jesus; the plan of salvation; baptism; God’s church; the Ten Commandments, the law and grace, and two studies on the Sabbath.
This interactive guide can be used either for personal or small group study, although it and its companion, Book 2, have been specially created with small groups in mind.
Each study contains three sections: Group Life (an opportunity for sharing and getting acquainted with other group members), Scripture and Life (the Bible study itself), and Application to Life (in which the topic under study can be applied to daily living).
Whether exploring these Bible teachings for the first time or reviewing them, you will find this LifeLine guide to be a significant help in your growth as a Christian.
1. The Bible—Can I Trust It? (Origin and Use of the Bible)
2. God—Who Is He? (Father, Son, Holy Spirit)
3. Created With "You" in Mind! (Creation of Earth)
4. Created for a Purpose (God's Plan for Man)
5. Freedom in Jeopardy (How Sin Began)
6. Jesus—Understanding His Identity (Understanding Jesus)
7. Set Free! (Plan of Salvation)
8. A Symbol of Freedom (Baptism)
9. Called for a Purpose (God's Church)
10. Guidelines for Daily Living (Ten Commandments)
11. Obedience by Choice (Law and Grace)
12. A Day With the Son (Sabbath—Part 1)
13. God's Sabbath—Its Meaning (Sabbath—Part 2)
Publisher: Review & Herald Publishing Association
Kurt Johnson is the director of the Voice of Prophecy's international Discover Bible School.
For the second half of the lessons, be sure to check out Book 2.